The statements below are made on behalf of ACNEM and the OMAA. The words 'ACNEM' and 'the College' are to be read to include 'OMAA' and 'the Association&'
All information provided to ACNEM will be treated in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 [Commonwealth] as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
ACNEM holds databases of information on professional members and on members of the public. Most of those on whom information is held are either members of ACNEM or OMAA, or subscribers to the ACNEM Journal. The rest are people who have shown an interest in ACNEM and its activities and services.
ACNEM gives out practice information to enquirers about members who have consented to be on the ACNEM referral database. This information is limited to practice address and phone number and information about the conditions any members will treat or will not treat.
At any time, any person on whom ACNEM holds personal information, may request:
- that all information about that person be deleted from ACNEM's records;
- that certain information be deleted or changed;
- that certain information be held but not given out;
- a copy of all personal information held by ACNEM on him/her.
ACNEM will comply with any such request as soon as practicable. ACNEM may require that the request be made in writing or in such other way that allows verification of the person making the request.
Personal information held by ACNEM will only be held for such time as it is necessary or useful in providing the services requested by members, by subscribers or by enquirers, and for the purposes of properly administering the College.
Any personal information provided to ACNEM will only be used for the implementation of the Aims & Objectives of the College, except:
- where it is required or authorised by law, law enforcement or for the prevention of an unlawful activity; or
- ACNEM reasonably believes it necessary on the grounds of preventing a serious and imminent threat to an individual's or public life, health or safety.