Today is R U OK? Day – a good reminder of the power of asking these three simple words. And that it’s okay not to be okay.
Martin Gillespie, ACNEM Board Member, recently had a bloke-to-bloke chat about mental health and wellbeing with Adam Nelson from Engineers Australia.
They touch on a lot of interesting topics including:
- Male conversations from the heart, from the emotional part of our being
- The journey of self-awareness
- A journey and experiences with traditional medics, the experience, the challenges and the discoveries
- The search for finding natural offerings and not prescriptive medications.
- The emotional journey on trying for a family
- The mix of holistic wellbeing including sleep, nutrition, meditation and physical wellness.
- How asking for help isn’t weak – it is brave, it is bold and it is masculine!
We hope you enjoy this discussion.
If you’re interested in learning more about Mental Health from a Nutritional and Environmental Medicine perspective, check out ACNEM’s Mental Health module.