The Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) offers industry recognised training in nutritional and environmental medicine practice for GPs and other healthcare professionals. Alongside our individual learning modules we also offer a more formal education pathway providing practitioners with an option to undertake structured training to gain ACNEM Certification and Fellowship.
Hear from ACNEM President, Dr Christabelle Yeoh, about the benefits of an ACNEM education!
These post-graduate level courses cover key nutritional, environmental and biochemical factors that influence health and wellbeing and are specifically designed to meet the needs of medical doctors and other healthcare professionals who would like to integrate nutritional and environmental principles into daily practice.
The Certification level of training is designed to extend employment-related skills and knowledge in a broader range of health topics. Our courses offer practical tools to aid integration into daily practice confidently and safely. Each level of Certification involves the completion of four modules.
Our Primary Modules are the entry point and these are the two core units of Certification Level One. These compulsory modules provide a foundational level of knowledge, covering human nutrition, nutritional biochemistry and nutritional medicine. The Primary Modules contain around 30 hours of content and can be completed either by attending our face-to-face training, online or a combination of both.
Each module within the Certification has a set of requirements and assessments that must be completed. These include prescribed readings, video content, writing a short self-reflective piece and a short online quiz. Each level of Certification has additional assessment requirements.
If you have attended ACNEM training in the past you may be eligible for recognised prior learning.
Key Study Outcomes:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the underlying principles of nutritional and environmental medicine
- Learn about the complex interplay between our physical environment and our health
- Apply nutritional medicine theory to your daily practice, assisting patients to achieve better health outcomes
- Expand your clinic’s investigative capacity by learning about functional pathology
- Post-graduate training specifically designed to meet the needs of GPs, registrars and other graduate healthcare professionals
- Become part of a growing community of practice
- Learning support and networking opportunities
- Practical tools to assist you in practice
- Flexible, self-paced learning
- Accredited RACGP points provider
- Practitioner listing on ACNEM's 'Find a Practitioner' webpage
ACNEM is an accredited RACGP QI & CPD training provider for the 2017 - 2019 Triennium with 40 'Category 1' points allocated to most training programs. ACRRM, RNZCGP and CPD/CME points for from other professional organisations may also be available.