In the NEM Practitioner Series Dr Shami, Integrative GP and ACNEM Vice President, speaks with medical and health specialists who are practicing nutritional and environmental medicine (NEM), to get their personal insights and learn how their approach is transforming lives.
This was a fascinating discussion with Dr Anthony Chaffee which makes us question a lot of beliefs we hold around food. We are very much looking forward to hearing Dr Chaffee battle it out against Team Vegan in the upcoming Healthy Debate!
In this 25-minute interview, they cover the following topics, plus much more:
- Dr Anthony Chaffee’s journey into nutrition, understanding about the toxicity of plants, and cutting out fruit and vegetables from his diet
- Why cholesterol doesn’t cause heart disease and how it is actually protective
- Are humans carnivores?
- How in Dr Chaffee’s opinion eating plants, carbohydrates and sugars can promote cancer, obesity, and all sorts of other disease or toxicity processes.
- Is dementia and Alzheimer’s a natural part of the ageing process?
- Metabolic theory of cancer VS to the genetic theory of cancer
- Why when you stop eating carbohydrates your mitochondrial respiration and number increase dramatically, leading to better energy production
- How a carnivore diet can lead to muscle building and fat loss, help with pain and inflammation, and leave the patient feeling amazing
Dr Anthony Chaffee, Neurosurgical Registrar
Dr Chaffee is an American medical doctor specializing in Neurosurgery who over a span of 20 years has researched the optimal nutritional habits for athletic performance and health. It is his assertion that most of the so-called chronic diseases we treat as doctors these days are actually caused by the food we eat, or don’t eat, and can in many cases be reversed easily with dietary changes.
He began his University education studying Molecular & Cellular Biology with a Minor in Chemistry at the University of Washington in Seattle at the age of 15, which culminated in attaining his MD from the Royal College of Surgeons.
He is an All-American rugby player and a former professional athlete in England and America; having taken several years off from his education for the pursuit of sports between his undergraduate degree and medical school. Throughout his athletic career, he saw first hand the monumental difference that diet makes to performance and recovery, and almost accidentally came across and practiced a fully carnivorous diet from age 20 to 25, having first learned of the toxic nature of plants during his University education. Since then he has rediscovered this truth and more, and has dedicated many years and a large part of his professional practice to the study and education of diet and nutrition, and personally practices a fully carnivorous diet to this day, with amazing results.
He currently resides in Perth, Australia where he specializes in Neurosurgery and does private consultations and clinics in functional medicine and nutrition.
Join us for the upcoming Healthy Debate: Carnivores VS Vegans where you can watch Dr Anthony Chaffee pitch his argument on why he opts for a carnivore diet. Come along to join in the fun, deepen your knowledge on nutrition and most importantly, see who wins this controversial debate!