In the NEM Practitioner Series Dr Shami, Integrative GP and ACNEM Vice President, speaks with medical and health specialists who are practicing nutritional and environmental medicine (NEM), to get their personal insights and learn how their approach is transforming lives.
In this 13-minute interview Dr Shami chats with Cardiologist, Speaker and Radio Presenter Dr Ross Walker about:
- How did you become so passionate about preventative Cardiovascular Health?
- The 3 Cardiovascular conditions that are best treated with nutritional and lifestyle measures
- The 5 keys of healthy living (which help to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease by around 70-80%)
- Why preventative health is such a hard sell
- How the small decisions we make every day are the most important when it comes to health
- The inappropriate use of statins
- Dr Walker’s own health regime
- The personal and professional aspects that motivate Dr Walker
Dr Ross Walker, Cardiologist, Speaker and Radio Presenter
Dr Ross Walker is an eminent practising cardiologist with a passion for people and health with 40 years’ experience as a clinician. For the past 20 years he has been focusing on preventative cardiology and is one of Australia’s leading preventative health experts.
Considered one of the world’s best keynote speakers and life coaches, he is the author of seven best-selling books & a regular health presenter in the Australian Media. Dr Ross also appears weekly on the national Macquarie Radio network & the Super Radio network. He had his own national radio show, Healthy Living for 8 years on radio 2UE. Healthy Living recommenced nationally on the Macquarie Radio network on March 29th 2020.
Dr Walker runs the Sydney Heart Health Clinic in Lindfield on Sydney’s North Shore, a clinic that focuses on all aspects of non-invasive and preventative cardiology.
Dr Walker is the Chief Cardiologist for the Miskawaan Health Group. Dr Walker is also the Chief Medical Officer for Access Corporate Group & the President of the Gut Foundation of Australia. Dr Walker is a non-executive director for MGC Pharmaceuticals, a company researching, developing and marketing medical cannabis around the world. Dr Walker is the patron for Heart Support Australia.