This module is part of our EOFY sale. Register before 30 June 2021 and save 20% while you can!
Ensuring children are healthy is not only vital for an optimal childhood but can also help reduce later incidence of chronic diseases. ACNEM’s Child and Adolescent Health module covers challenging topics such as ADHD, autism, allergies, recurrent infection, chronic fatigue in children, the role of epigenetics, child and adolescent mental health, and obesity in childhood. This highly informative course also includes optimal nutrition for pregnancy, breastfeeding, birth and development for the early years of life. Experts in the field present the latest evidence and how this works in practice.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Outline the contributing factors to infantile colic and gastrointestinal reflux, particularly in regards to the role of the gastrointestinal microbiota
- List and explain the methods of assessing the factors that contribute to adolescent mental health from a NEM perspective
- Describe the role of the general practitioner in the approach to intestinal worms
- Summarise the evidence-based lifestyle interventions that can assist in the management of symptoms associated with behavioural issues
The video presentations in this training package cover the following topics:
- Preconception, birth and the first year
- The chronically unwell child
- Autism - unravelling the complexities
- 5 easy steps to help a child with ADHD
- Diets for kids - feeding kids for optimal health; special diets for special kids
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Allergies in infants and children
- Clinical pearls in paediatric presentations
- Putting NEM into practice with kids
Member and Student discounts apply.
Current presentations recorded October 2019