This module on environmental health provides participants with an overview of the principles and practice of this stream of practice. It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Tim Ewer and Dr Sandeep Gupta, plus building biology expert and best selling author Nicole Bijlsma.
The learning outcomes for this training package are:
- Identify the types of environmental factors that can negatively affect human health.
- Discuss the potential impacts of environmental pollutants and toxicants on short and long-term health outcomes.
- Be able to inform patients on ways they can minimise their exposure to environmental toxins.
- Recall specific environmental contaminants that can impact the 'sensitive patient', and define the concept of 'sensitivity threshold'.
- Develop a directory of services that support patients with environmentally-related health concerns.
Video presentations in this training package include:
- Scientific principles underlying Environmental Health
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS)
- Environmental chemical assessment in clinical practice
- The Sensitive Patient
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Electromagnetic Fields
- The Integrative approach
Member and Student discounts apply.