The mental health training module includes clinical applications and practical tips for mental health conditions. This training addresses the underlying physiological issues that may contribute to neurological, behavioural and social disorders and offer effective interventions to support brain biochemistry, mood and behaviour. It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Nicole Nelson, Dr Christabelle Yeoh, and Dr Jen Graham-Taylor, and widely respected nutritionists Rachel Arthur and Cliff Harvey.
The learning outcomes for this module are to:
- Outline the contributing NEM factors to common mental health conditions including depression and anxiety
- List and explain the methods of assessing mental health from a NEM perspective
- Describe the role of specific dietary and environmental approaches for the management of anxiety
- Summarise the evidence-based lifestyle interventions that can assist in the management of addictions
- Develop a comprehensive management plan for the treatment and management of mild-to-moderate depression
The video presentations in this course include the following topics:
- Mental Health in General Practice
- Case-based learning - anxiety
- Case-based learning - depression
- Integrative strategies in the management of Schizophrenia
- Case-based learning - Mental Health
- Keto and Brain Health
- Children's Mental Health - the role of diet quality and digestive health
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Lifestyle intervention for mental health
"Challenging and ground-breaking material."
"I was particularly inspired by Rachel's presentations and know that I will spend every spare minute at work this week looking back over some recent patient pathology results with new eyes."
Member and Student discounts apply.
Current presentations recorded July 2019