This module discusses the underlying biochemistry of metabolic syndrome and provides practical evidence-based solutions through diet, nutrition, gut health and case history discussion to enable immediate application in clinical practice. It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Robyn Cosford, Dr Nadine Perlen and Dr Ron Ehrlich.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
1. The oral microbiome and its role in metabolic and cardiovascular health.
2. The role of inflammation and oxidative stress in insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and CVD.
3. Pathophysiology, assessment and intervention for CVD, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.
4. The microbiome and its role in insulin resistance and CVD.
5. The evolution and energetics of food.
6. Interventions for the management of Type 2 Diabetes.
7. Interventions for the management of cardiovascular disease.
8. Osteoporosis as a metabolic disease.
“I thoroughly enjoyed this module and learnt a lot of practical advice that I have already incorporated into my daily practice.”
“Following [this] module, I feel much better equipped to manage patients with metabolic conditions from a nutritional and environmental perspective. I am now even more conscious of viewing each patient with a metabolic condition as a whole person who is responding and reacting to their environment."
$395 (SPECIAL PRICE UNTIL THE END OF JUNE 2020)
Member discounts apply.