Completion of the Metabolic Conditions, Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease online module entitles you to RACGP Category 2 CPD points.
This module discusses the underlying biochemistry of metabolic syndrome and provides practical evidence-based solutions through diet, nutrition, gut health and case history discussion to enable immediate application in clinical practice.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
• Describe the impact of inflammation on cardiometabolic health
• Identify the role of diet and lifestyle in the management of insulin resistance
• Identify the role of diet and lifestyle in the prevention of cardiovascular disease
• Communicate the importance of oral health for cardiovascular health
• Incorporate dietary assessment questionnaires to assist your treatment recommendations for patients deemed at risk of developing non-communicable disease.
1. The oral microbiome and its role in metabolic and cardiovascular health.
2. The role of inflammation and oxidative stress in insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and CVD.
3. Pathophysiology, assessment and intervention for CVD, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.
4. The microbiome and its role in insulin resistance and CVD.
5. The evolution and energetics of food.
6. Interventions for the management of Type 2 Diabetes.
7. Interventions for the management of cardiovascular disease.
8. Osteoporosis as a metabolic disease.
Member discounts apply.