The ACNEM Foundations of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (NEM) course is the entry-point for medical and health practitioners wanting to learn about Nutritional and Environmental Medicine. The course consists of two modules. The first module can either be done face-to-face (over two days) or online. The second module is to be completed online and is equivalent to two days of training. On completion of both modules, the pre- and post-training activities and quiz, a Certificate of Completion is awarded. The course features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Jim Parker, Dr Nicole Nelson and Dr Sandeep Gupta, and widely respected nutritionist Rachel Arthur.
***The updated Foundations of NEM Part 1 will be run face to face in Melbourne and be live streamed on Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 May 2021 (Part 2 online)***
REGISTER HERE for the updated Foundations of NEM Part 1
About the course
- Foundational training in clinical nutrition
- An introduction to environmental medicine
- Designed for GP’s, registrars, pharmacists, nurses and other graduate healthcare professionals
- Content is delivered by experienced clinicians
- Flexible learning - you choose how you study! Face-to-face or online
- Provides guidance for medical practitioners looking to integrate their NEM knowledge and skills into practice
What you will learn
- How to use Nutritional and Environmental Medicine in Primary Care
- The key nutritional, environmental and biochemical factors affecting health and disease
- Practical tips including nutritional medicine interpretation of standard pathology with a focus on iron studies
- Topics and biological systems covered include: gastrointestinal system, allergies, mental health, cardiometabolic health, children’s health, women’s health and environmental health
- Clinical resources and tools including patient handouts, to aid integration into practice
"It was a thoroughly enlightening and educational experience that far exceeded my expectations."
“I found it very intriguing and it has opened access to a new window of opportunities to correct my patients’ symptoms. I feel there is so much hope I can give to my patients now."
“Having completed study of these modules, I can honestly say my understanding of nutritional and environmental medicine has been significantly enhanced, particularly with regards to nutritional biochemistry and the critical role of macro and micronutrients (which I feel was never well taught during medical school) and the microbiome."
Online Learning: $630 per module (or $1240 for both)
Repeat $315 per module (or $620 for both)
Member and Student discounts apply
Current presentations recorded October 2019