Completion of the Primary Modules 1 & 2 online entitles you to 30 RACGP Category 2 CPD points per module.
The Primary Modules 1 & 2 are the entry point for ACNEM’s training.
These two modules provide foundational knowledge of nutritional and environmental medicine; including nutritional biochemistry and how this relates to the physiology of health and disease. These modules constitute approximately 30 contact hours and can be undertaken in a face-to-face setting or online. On completion, participants receive a Certificate of Completion.
Training in the Primary Modules is offered in a face-to-face setting three times each year, either as a four day or a two day training event (a four day event will cover the Topics from both Modules in their entirety; two day events cover the Topics in Primary Module 1, with the Topics from Primary Module 2 being completed via our Online Learning platform). The modules are also available to study online year-round. Participants gain access to online content for a three-month period for each module. All participants are required to undertake a number of activities to obtain a certificate of completion. These learning activities include prescribed reading, pre-disposing and reflective activities, as well as a short online quiz.
The Primary Modules, together with two specialised (elective) modules form the basis for the Certification Part 1.
The topics covered in Primary Module 1 are:
- Introduction to nutritional and environmental medicine (NEM)
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Gastrointestinal Function & Assessment
- Low Stress Diet in General Practice
- Introduction to Environmental Medicine
- Functional Pathology
The topics covered in Primary Module 2 are:
- Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal Axis dysfunction
- An Overview of Female Hormones
- The Biology of Cancer
- Drug-Nutrient and Drug-Herb Interactions
- Mental Health – a Nutritional Perspective
- NEM and the Nervous System
- Nutritional Aspects in CVD
- The safe integration of nutritional and environmental medicine (NEM) into practice
Member and Early bird discounts apply.