The Primary Modules 1 & 2 are the entry point for ACNEM’s training.
These two modules provide foundational knowledge of nutritional and environmental medicine; including nutritional biochemistry and how this relates to the physiology of health and disease. These modules constitute approximately 30 contact hours and can be undertaken in a face-to-face setting or online. On completion, participants receive a Certificate of Completion.
Training in the Primary Modules is offered in a face-to-face setting three times each year, either as a four day or a two day training event (a four day event will cover the Topics from both Modules in their entirety; two day events cover the Topics in Primary Module 1, with the Topics from Primary Module 2 being completed via our Online Learning platform). The modules are also available to study online year-round. Participants gain access to online content for a three-month period for each module. All participants are required to undertake a number of activities to obtain a certificate of completion. These learning activities include prescribed reading, pre-disposing and reflective activities, as well as a short online quiz.
The Primary Modules, together with two specialised (elective) modules form the basis for the Certification Part 1.
The topics covered in Primary Module 1 are:
- Introduction to nutritional and environmental medicine (NEM)
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Low-stress diet and diet history case-taking
- NEM and the nervous system
- An introduction to functional pathology
- Mental health; biochemical pathways, including methylation and pyrroles
- Diabesity and the cardiovascular system
The topics covered in Primary Module 2 are:
- Oncology: Time for n=1 in cancer therapy?
- Environmental medicine
- Immune conditions
- An integrative view of female hormones and related conditions
- Drug-nutrient interactions
- Hypothalamus pituitary adrenal (HPA) axis dysfunction
- Gastrointestinal function and assessment
- The safe integration of nutritional and environmental medicine (NEM) into practice
Member and Early bird discounts apply.