What is the impact of oxidative stress on sperm quality? What are the diet, lifestyle and environmental factors that influence fertility outcomes? What supplements are useful to improve egg and sperm quality?
One in six couples will experience infertility, defined as the inability to fall pregnant after 12 months of trying to conceive. (1) As a result, many individuals and couples are seeking assisted reproductive technologies such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF). (2) IVF can be an emotionally, financially and physically taxing time. Holistic IVF aims to address the biopsychosocial and spiritual factors while working within an interdisciplinary team to provide optimal patient centred care. This integrative approach recognises that although it is often difficult, it can be a positive and supported experience regardless of the outcome.
Join Dr. Peta Wright, an integrative gynaecologist and fertility specialist and Elysia Humphries, a naturopath with 20 years clinical experience in a holistic approach to IVF.
Topics covered include:
- What is holistic IVF and why is it important for patients?
- Pathology and investigations
- Diet, lifestyle and environmental factors to improve sperm and egg quality
- The importance of psycho-social-spiritual care
- Fertility as a marker of underlying health and the importance of early preconception care
This webinar is part of acnem’s recently released Women’s Health learning module, available on demand!
- Bagade, T., Thapaliya, K., Breuer, E. et al.Investigating the association between infertility and psychological distress using Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health (ALSWH). Sci Rep 12, 10808 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-15064-2
- Newman JE, Paul RC, Chambers GM 2022. Assisted reproductive technology in Australia and New Zealand 2020. Sydney: National Perinatal Epidemiology and Statistics Unit, the University of New South Wales, Sydney.
19th, December 2022
Dr Peta Wright
MBBS MRMed FRANZCOG
MBBS MRMed FRANZCOG Founder, Vera Women’s Wellness Gynaecologist Paediatric & Adolescent Gynaecologist Fertility Specialist Dr Wright completed her undergraduate medical degree with Honours at Monash University in Melbourne in 2004 and obtained her RANZCOG Fellowship in 2013. She has completed a Masters of Reproductive Medicine and a certificate in Women’s…View More
Naturopath & Nutritionist
Elysia has been a women’s health naturopath and nutritionist for 22 years. She has a special interest in endocrine and gynaecological conditions with an integrative approach that combines conventional medical research and natural medicine to offer solutions for people that cover nutrition, herbal medicine and lifestyle change. She works alongside…View More