Integrative Practice: What you need to know
with Nadine Perlen
In this webinar, Dr Nadine Perlen will provide practical tips and guidance for medical practitioners looking to integrate their nutritional and environmental medicine (NEM) skills into practice. This presentation is for medical and allied health practitioners who access Medicare services and wish to integrate NEM into their practice. Dr Perlen will walk you through the legislative requirements of AHPRA. This will include professional standards, the incorporation of NEM consultations under Medicare, length of consultation, appropriate billing and investigations.
You will learn:
- Legislative requirements and professional standards for health practitioners registered with AHPRA
- The structure and role of AHPRA
- The role and function of the Professional Services Review
- About the NEM consultation and describe compliance with Medicare including content, record keeping, appropriate billing
- Ordering investigations under Medicare, non-Medicare and informed consent
- Prescribing nutrient supplements
- Professional indemnity cover for NEM practice
Duration: 1 hour, including 15 minutes Q&A
acnem Members receive monthly webinars for FREE! Join acnem today!
Dr Nadine Perlen
Dr Perlen graduated from medicine at Monash University, Melbourne in 1990. She completed her RACGP Fellowship in 1994 before moving to Perth in 1995 where she joined the Lockridge Medical Centre. Nadine began her training with ACNEM in 1995 and since then has maintained her interest in integrative medicine and…View More