The ACNEM ‘Foundations of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (NEM)’ course is the entry-point for GPs and other healthcare professionals wanting to learn about Nutritional and Environmental Medicine. This course is the first of the two modules and runs over two days. The second module is to be completed online and is equivalent to two days of training. On completion of both modules, the pre- and post-training activities and quiz, a Certificate of Completion is awarded.
- Foundational training in clinical nutrition
- An introduction to environmental medicine
- Designed for GP’s, registrars, pharmacists, nurses and other graduate healthcare professionals
- Content is delivered by experienced clinicians
- Flexible learning - you choose how you study! Face-to-face or online
- Ongoing support from highly experienced clinicians via online tutorials
- Provides guidance for medical practitioners looking to integrate their NEM knowledge and skills into practice
- How to use Nutritional and Environmental Medicine in Primary Care
- The key nutritional, environmental and biochemical factors affecting health and disease
- Practical tips including nutritional medicine interpretation of standard pathology with a focus on iron studies
- Topics and biological systems covered include: gastrointestinal system, allergies, mental health, cardiometabolic health, children’s health, women’s health and environmental health
- Clinical resources and tools including patient handouts, to aid integration into practice
Mercure Gold Coast Resort
64 Palm Meadows Drive
Carrara QLD 4211
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided. Transport, accommodation and other meals are not included. Attendees are responsible for their own transport, accommodation and additional meal arrangements.
$1980 - Member and Early bird discounts apply.