This module is part of our EOFY sale. Register before 30 June 2021 and save 20% while you can!
This Immune Conditions learning module explores the biological, nutritional and environmental factors that influence the immune system. Our specialist presenters bring their experience and expertise to discuss an integrative approach to the treatment of complex and chronic immune conditions. It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Joanna Harnett, Dr Christabelle Yeoh and Dr Sandeep Gupta, naturopath Nathan Rose and widely respected nutritionist Rachel Arthur.
Topics include the human microbiome, Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, and insights to clinical assessment of chronic immune conditions. Targeted nutritional treatment strategies for the prevention and treatment of dysregulated immunity, as well as dietary recommendations, will be explored.
The learning outcomes for this training package are to:
- Discuss the interaction between the human microbiota and the immune system.
- List and assess potential micronutrient deficiencies that impair immune function.
- Discuss the role of the mitochondria in regulating activation, differentiation, and survival of immune cells.
- Implement lifestyle and dietary recommendations for improving health outcomes for patients with chronic immune conditions such as chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).
- List and assess potential environmental exposures that impair immune function.
Video presentations in this training package include:
- The human microbiome
- Mitochondria - at the core of immune dysfunction Edit topic name
- An advanced understanding of immune markers and immune nutrition
- Immune-induced Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)
- Case Study - MCAS
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS)
Current presentations recorded October 2018
Member and Student discounts apply.