A comprehensive overview of evidence-based therapies for neuroinflammatory disorders - the chronic conditions involving damage to the nervous system by the body’s own immune response. Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease and depression will be presented. This training provides insight into the role of nutritional and environmental medicine and its influence on the underlying physiological issues that contribute to neurodegeneration. It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Robyn Cosford, Dr Nicole Nelson, Dr Christabelle Yeoh, and Dr John Hart, and Medical Director of End Alzheimers, Dave Jenkins. Hear the growing scientific evidence behind the treatment options, pathology testing and dietary interventions.
The learning outcomes for this training package are to:
- Describe the impact of inflammation on the central nervous system.
- Explain the detrimental influence of the built environment on the central nervous system.
- Identify the role of diet and lifestyle in the prevention of neurodegenerative disease.
- Identify the role of diet, nutrition and the environment in the management of chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Communicate the importance of early intervention for neurological health.
- Formulate a systems-based approach to making evidence-informed nutritional therapeutic interventions for patients experiencing and at risk of developing neurological disease.
Video presentations in this training package include:
- Introduction & Background: pathophysiology, role of the immune system, microglia, mitochondria, microbiome and the gut-brain axis
- Integrative management of neuroimmune mediated conditions: PANS as a model (Paediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome triggered by infection)
- Case studies: Integrative approaches for the management of depression
- The brain microbiome, immunosenesence and dementia
- Medical metabolic therapy (Mitochondrial support: metabolic diets and nutrient supplementation)
- Introducing the Bredesen Protocol for Alzheimers Disease (Principles, Assessment & case studies)
- Case study: Mild cognitive impairment
- Integrative chronic pain management
- Guidelines for achieving compliance and optimal outcomes with the Bredesen Protocol
Member and Student discounts apply.