This module is part of our EOFY sale. Register before 30 June 2021 and save 20% while you can!
ACNEM’s new ‘Neuroinflammatory Conditions’ course will provide a comprehensive overview of evidence-based therapies for neuroinflammatory disorders - the chronic conditions involving damage to the nervous system by the body’s own immune response.
Neurodegenerative disorders encompass a range of progressive central nervous system diseases, among which include Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis and chronic pain. Over recent years, indications as to the complex nature and multifactorial aetiology of such conditions have emerged.
This training provides insight into the role of nutritional and environmental medicine and its influence on the underlying physiological issues that contribute to neurodegeneration. It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians, Dr Christabelle Yeoh, Dr Rashmi Cabena, Dr Denise Furness, Dr Nicole Nelson, Dr Oscar Serralach, Dr Sanjeev Sharma, Dr Frank Golik, Dr Scott Wustenberg and Reine Dubois. Hear the growing scientific evidence behind the treatment options, pathology testing, dietary and nutritional interventions that have a vital role in both repair, and in protecting cells from inflammatory-related disease and neuronal damage.
The learning outcomes for this training package are to:
- Describe the impact of inflammation on the central nervous system.
- Explain the ways in which the built environment can detrimentally affect the central nervous system.
- Recommend nutritional, lifestyle and environmental interventions to assist in the prevention of neurodegenerative disease.
- Recommend nutritional, lifestyle and environmental interventions for management of chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Identify biomarkers of neurodegeneration and evaluate at risk patients.
Video presentations in this training package include:
- Neuroinflammatory Disorders – A holistic approach
- Overview of neurological health
- Key environmental factors impacting on neurological health
- Assessment of neuroinflammation - biomarkers to manage neurodegeneration
- Genetic assessments
- Workshop 1: Case based - overview and NEM management of neuroinflammatory brain conditions (ASD & Alzheimer's Disease)
- Workshop 2: Case based - Multiple sclerosis & Parkinson's Disease
- Introducing the ACNEM Four Pillar protocol for mental health
- The Maternal Brain - a unique model for neuro-inflammation
- Use of nutraceuticals to address neuroinflammation and pain
- Use of herbs to address neuroinflammation and pain
- Workshop 1: Case based – CIRS
- Workshop 2: Case based - Integrative pain management migraines and fibromyalgia
Member and Student discounts apply.
Current presentations recorded March 2021