This online module discusses the underlying biochemistry of metabolic syndrome and provides practical evidence-based solutions through diet, nutrition, gut health and case history discussion to enable immediate application in clinical practice. It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Robyn Cosford, Dr Nadine Perlen and Dr Ron Ehrlich.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of inflammation on cardiometabolic health
- Identify the role of diet and lifestyle in the management of insulin resistance
- Identify the role of diet and lifestyle in the prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Communicate the importance of oral health for cardiovascular health
- Incorporate dietary assessment questionnaires to assist your treatment recommendations for patients deemed at risk of developing non-communicable disease.