This online module discusses the underlying biochemistry of metabolic syndrome and provides practical evidence-based solutions through diet, nutrition, gut health and case history discussion to enable immediate application in clinical practice.
It features presentations from highly experienced clinicians Dr Ross Walker, Dr Varghese Zachariah, Dr Jason Kaplan, Dr Natasha Patel, Dr Lucy Burns, Dr Denise Furness, Dr Sandeep Gupta, Dr Paula Rodrigues, Dr Jason Hawrelak, Dr Pran Yoganathan, Dr Arun Dhir and Dr Ron Ehrlich.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of nutrition, diet and lifestyle on cardiometabolic health
- Conduct a cardiometabolic assessment to assist treatment recommendations for patients deemed at risk of developing non communicable disease
- Formulate management and prevention strategies for a range of cardiometabolic diseases
- Communicate effectively to a patient the factors influencing cardiometabolic health and self-care strategies
- Evaluate the evidence-base of various cardiometabolic health strategies and their influence on disease management and prevention
*access valid for 4 months. Extended time is available for purchase at a small fee
“I thoroughly enjoyed this module and learnt a lot of practical advice that I have already incorporated into my daily practice.”
“Following [this] module, I feel much better equipped to manage patients with metabolic conditions from a nutritional and environmental perspective. I am now even more conscious of viewing each patient with a metabolic condition as a whole person who is responding and reacting to their environment.”