This course is suitable for medical and healthcare practitioners who wish to better understand medicinal cannabis, and in particular cannabidiol, one of the key active constituents of cannabis.
At the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the endocannabinoid system and its purpose, and argue the physiological basis of why medicinal cannabis may have therapeutic actions in the body for a range of conditions based on your knowledge of the endocannabinoid system.
- Debate the evidence base and clearly communicate to a range of stakeholders the rationale for the use of medicinal cannabis for a range of clinical conditions.
- Justify the choice of different types of medicinal cannabis products and routes of administration of medicinal cannabis, depending on the patient’s clinical condition.
- Communicate information to patients about safety aspects of medicinal cannabis.
- Describe the regulations associated with prescribing of medicinal cannabis, including how to complete an application under the Special Access Scheme B and how to apply to become an authorised prescriber under the TGA Authorised Prescriber Scheme.
This online course contains:
- 14 Videos
- 4 Case Studies and additional reading
- Medicinal cannabis product information: 6 companies’ product information
- Online Quiz: self-test
ACNEM is immensely grateful for our collaboration with Global Health Initiative Australia and the expert knowledge they provided in producing the Medicinal Cannabis Masterclass.