This course is suitable for medical and healthcare practitioners who wish to better understand medicinal cannabis, and in particular cannabidiol, one of the key active constituents of cannabis.
Presenters: Dr Philip Blair (US), Professor Kylie O’Brien, Professor Nicholas Lintzeris, Dr Tamara Nation, Dr Gull Herzberg and Carol Ireland.
At the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the endocannabinoid system and its purpose, and argue the physiological basis of why medicinal cannabis may have therapeutic actions in the body for a range of conditions based on your knowledge of the endocannabinoid system.
- Debate the evidence base and clearly communicate to a range of stakeholders the rationale for the use of medicinal cannabis for a range of clinical conditions.
- Justify the choice different types of medicinal cannabis products and routes of administration of medicinal cannabis, depending on the patient’s clinical condition.
- Communicate information to patients about safety aspects of medicinal cannabis.
- Describe the regulations associated with prescribing of medicinal cannabis, including how to complete an application under the Special Access Scheme B and how to apply to become an authorised prescriber under the TGA Authorised Prescriber Scheme.
This online course contains:
- 14 Videos
- 4 Case Studies and additional reading
- Medicinal cannabis product information: 6 companies’ product information
- Online Quiz: self-test
*access valid for 3 months. Extended time is available for purchase at a small fee
ACNEM is immensely grateful for our collaboration with Global Health Initiative Australia and the expert knowledge they provided in producing the Medicinal Cannabis Masterclass.