This module is a comprehensive guide to women’s health from a nutritional and environmental medicine perspective.
The learning outcomes for this module are:
- Describe the effects of nutrition, the environment and nutritional deficiencies on puberty, PMS and gynaecological conditions
- Recall the evidence-based nutritional and environmental approaches to treating pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Understand the interaction of the thyroid pathways in the reproductive system
- Understand the current nutritional and environmental medicine concepts related to the pathogenesis and management of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Identify the environmental and nutritional risk factors affecting the symptoms of menopause and identify nutritional and environmental factors that will aid in treatment
- State the nutritional and environmental causes, and management, of endometriosis