The Australasian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) is delighted to launch an online continuing education course for naturopaths and health practitioners – The Interprofessional Communications Course.
Good communication and building respectful relationships between doctors and other medical health practitioners are key to providing patient-focused integrative care. The course has been carefully created to equip naturopaths and other practitioners with the background knowledge, framework, and skills for writing formal letters to medical doctors.
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Explain the standard ISBAR structure used by health professionals in health communication
• Apply ISBAR structure to written communication
• Differentiate concise and effective written information for integrated patient care
• Construct effective written requests for medical investigations
• Support safe complementary medicine health care practice by effectively obtaining medical review of high-risk clinical presentations (red flags).
Approximately 4 hours – on demand
AIMA Members – $180 (AIMA members email memb[email protected] to receive a discount code to use at check out.)
Non-Members – $220
GST applies to Australian residents only.
Participants will be provided with selected readings on communicating health information and interprofessional communication prior to listening to a series of five lecturettes. Each lecturette will be followed by a prescribed practice exercise and a multi-choice quiz. A personalised certificate of completion will be available to all students who pass.
Students will also receive the Interprofessional Communications Guiding Principles which includes a suite of letter templates to guide communication with doctors.